In The Cottage:
- A range of books, games & jigsaws
- Freeview Digital TV, DVD player – selection of DVDs available
- Radio/CD player
- Radio in each bedroom
- Local information folder
- ‘Walks’ folder with comprehensive information on walking in the area, including guided walks and a good selection of maps
In Cotherstone Village:
- Shop/newsagent/post office, two friendly pubs with excellent food.
- Children’s play park, with playground rides, kickabout field, pump track (for bicycles), exercise circuit.
- Walks from the doorstep into the surrounding countryside, and down to the River Tees, to join the Teesdale Way long distance path.
Within A Few Miles:
- Fantastic walking, running and cycling country side for miles around.
- See the Visit Teesdale website to discover all about the area, including an events calendar
- Hury, Blackton & Balderhead reservoirs for fishing and walking
- Bustling market town with some excellent local shops, varied selection of arts and antique shops
- Medieval Castle run by English Heritage with audio tours
- Bowes Museum
- Teesdale Leisure Centre for swimming, gym, racquet sports, Jolly Jungle, skate park etc
Within Thirty Minutes Drive:
- Middleton-in-Teesdale area:
- High Force waterfall
- Bowlees Visitor Centre (the walk from here to High Force along the River is excellent).
- Eggleston Hall Gardens – superb garden centre/nursery attached to Eggleston Hall which has a gift shop/café/bistro, and was featured on ITV’s “Ladette to Lady” show!
- Raby Castle - one of the largest and most impressive of English medieval castles.